Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Meet Dozer!

Finally - the Mann's are getting a furry, 4-legged friend!

Meet Dozer - a 3.5 month old rescue who they guess is a mixed breed of Beagle and something with short, stubby legs - possibly a Daschund. What we do know for sure is that he is one adorable little pup!





I actually met Dozier (the original spelling of his name) at a Paws in the City (which is a local rescue organization) event on the Katy trail 2 Saturdays ago. Kristen and I were out on a walk and I couldn't help but look. I saw Dozier sitting there, staring up at me. The second I picked him up, he melted and laid his head on my shoulder. RIght then and there, I was sold.

Knowing Jeremy needed to meet him before I could really get serious about taking him home, I got on the website, found Dozier, and started conversations with the puppy coordinator immediately! Exactly a week later, Jer and I spent our Saturday morning playing with Dozier at the vet clinic him and his brother, Sampson, were being boarded at. After just 30 min, Jer was too, sold. At that point, we emailed the puppy coordinator back and asked what next steps were to adopt this little guy. After a quick home visit, signed papers, and a check filled out to cover the adoption fee, Jer and I officially became parents to Dozer! (Note: we are keeping his name, just dropping the "i". It seems to fit him perfectly!)

Since we are headed east for Brandon & Kaitlin's D.C. wedding this weekend (so excited!), we worked it out to pick up Dozer on Sunday evening. Luckily, they were able to find someone to foster him in the meantime so he wouldn't have to spend another weekend boarded at the vet clinic. With little time left before we head out of town, Jer and I spent an hour at Petsmart last night getting anything and everything we need to welcome Dozer home! It's all set up - now we just need him!


Jer getting Dozer's ID tag engraved!







(Crate not pictured, which we have learned is essential for potty training!)


More photos and details to come once we get the little guy!!!





2 comments: