Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Year of Weddings!


It's been quite the year! Jer and I have already attended 5 out-of-town weddings, with one more to go a month from today! A quick re-cap of our 2011 wedding travels...

Kristen & Adam
January in Fort Worth, TX (which I know isn't technically "out-of-town", but we still made a weekend out of it and stayed at a hotel which is always fun!)

Lisa & Reed
March on the stunning beaches of Tulum, Mexico

Heidi & Ryan
May in warm & sunny Scottsdale, AZ

Tiff & Troy
July in one of our favorite cities San Diego, CA

Mal & Matt
August in my home-state - St. Paul, MN

Kaitlin & Brandon
On deck for October 1 in our nation's capital - Washington D.C.!

(Colby & Jake - SO bummed we can't make it to yours!!!)

When I look back at the list, I love that we have had the best excuse EVER to travel all across the U.S. - celebrating our friends as they tie the knot!!

What's not even included on this list are all the amazing bachelorette parties I have gone to in prep for these weddings. While I wasn't able to make it to all of them (darn work & a non-existent money tree), I was able to go to Austin, LA, Palm Springs and VEGAS this weekend! Again, best excuse EVER for a girls weekend with all my closest friends!

Even better, the wedding we just went to last weekend (Mal & Matt) allowed me to not only see my high school friends AND Teri & Danny, but ALSO my FAMILY! Talk about 2 3 birds with one stone, in a positive way, of course! Since Teri is so good with taking photos, I didn't even bring my camera to the wedding - ha! Check out her blog post & photos here

The photos I DID take help capture the time I got to spend with my family :) Here is a little glimpse...

My favorite home-cooked meal that my Mom makes sure to make EVERY time I come home :) This meal consists of Dad's famous chicken on the grill, Mom's twice baked potatoes, steamed artichokes (dipped in melted butter, of course!), and at least 1 dirty martini and multiple glasses of wine.


Pre-Twins Game!


Since Katie & Eric didn't make it on the official "kiss cam", we created our own :)



Loving the high 70 degree and partly cloudy weather!!!



Thanks Best Buy for the free photo op!

Best Mom & Dad ever! Thanks again for the great tickets!!


Cuddling with my new "niece" Penny!! She is such a love!! (And has a silly Daddy - check background)

Time to get out the board games! CLUE! Forgot how much I loved this game! 



The night ended with a game of Taboo. Of course, the girls won! Which ended in the guys just "being over it". Yeah, I'm sure!











No comments:

Post a Comment