Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Weekend at Home

It was so nice to just spend a weekend in town with no plans. We just "played it by ear", as Jer would say. And it was great!

Friday night consisted of an impromptu date night, walking to our most favorite tex-mex restaurant in Dallas - Chuys! We enjoyed chips & salsa with jalapeno ranch, burritos and tacos, and of course Modelo Negros for Jer and frozen margaritas for me. On our walk home, we decided to take a detour to grab a bottle of wine, which we enjoyed watching one of our favorite movies - It's Complicated (don't judge - ha!).

Saturday, Jer headed out for a round of golf which was the perfect opportunity for me to get some much needed errands done, including doing some belated bday shopping for my sister Jen before we celebrate her bday in Chicago NEXT WEEKEND! I then spent the rest of the afternoon sitting out on our patio enjoying the sunny and 75 degree weather and catching up on my latest Us Weekly. My perfect type of day.

In prep for our dinner guests (Jer's sister Jenn and her boyfriend Jacob), I found it appropriate to pick up some of my favorite fresh flowers...tulips! I thought the color was the perfect compliment to the gorgeous Spring day...plus, they were on sale for only $5!




After we indulged in Jer's famous turkey burgers, we headed down to a new bar located right on the Katy Trail (which is a walking/running/biking path that our house backs up to). This is my new favorite spot. Their beer garden like "patio" filled with long picnic tables, Baggo, colorful lights, and retro patio furniture automatically takes you to a happy place. I have a feeling we will be going back to this place a lot!







Sunday included a belated Mother's day brunch with the Mann family - Jeff & Jody, Jenn & Jacob, Josh, Jer & me. Sad how I am the ONLY one who's first name doesn't start with a "J" - ha! We enjoyed bottomless mimosas & bloody marys and everything from eggs benedict to challah french toast to omelets. We laughed a LOT and ended up getting quite tipsy. Jody was a happy Momma!

All in all, it was a great weekend. Looking forward to another "play it by ear" kind of weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend! I love that you can just walk to fun places from your house. The beer garden sounds so fun! I am dying to come visit- and experience all this for myself!

    And you know- you could always just change your name to Jarley- Harley didnt really suit you anway.

    ReplyDelete