Thursday, August 11, 2011

Counting My Blessings...


I am a true believer that having a positive mindset and attitude not only helps me stay happy, but positively affects those around me. 

Lately, I feel like it has been hard to stay positive when every other day there is a terrible news story - bombings, deaths, war, recession, etc. It can get quite depressing, and honestly a little scary.  

So in the effort to follow my own advice, I wanted to share with you a list I put together this morning of all the GOOD in my life, what I like to call blessings...

My health
A family that loves & supports me unconditionally
Sisters that are my best friends
A husband who makes me laugh every day
In-laws that love me like their own daughter
A stable job
Friends that love me for who I am
A home with air conditioning
A car without a car payment
A bed to sleep in
Being able to travel to see my friends and family 
A career in an industry I am passionate about
My faith 


After only a couple of minutes, I felt overwhelmed by the fact that I could go on and on with this list. And it reminded me that I really do need to make more of an effort to sit back more often and count my blessings. 

So if you are ever feeling down in the dumps or stuck in a rut, I recommend taking time to count your blessings :)






1 comment:

  1. I love this! And so true- thanks for reminding us of what's important ;)

    ReplyDelete